L2 Technical Support Engineer
What are they looking for?
The Technical Support Engineer attempts to reproduce problems in the Dev environment and tries to find the root cause using product code, design, and/or specifications. Once the root cause is identified, the necessary fixes to the issues are documented and communicated to a Knowledge Manager and all relevant stakeholders, as a future reference.
- Providing support to customers via multiple channels; ensuring that problems are resolved, and customer expectations are met
- Handling training/ onboarding for new engineers
- Participating in the new hire process for each newly hired engineer
- Providing input to application/infrastructure scalability (to Devs/DevOps).
- Engaging internal teams and external 3rd party vendors to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
- Monitoring application performance using specific monitoring tools & developing new ones
- Working with R&D and DevOps to create RCA’s (Root Cause Analysis) and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) and documenting them accordingly
- Recording findings/missing information as it pertains to the application and working with the Knowledge Manager to create knowledge base articles; while also updating existing articles (with knowledge manager assistance)
- Developing scripts to automate repetitive tasks and help gathers information more efficiently.
- Involvement in code/development for a better understanding of the infrastructure & to offer suggestions where applicable.
- Assisting in regression testing for impactful issues.
- Assisting in testing of new integrations/features.
- Raising Bugs after successful replication.
- Investigating malicious attempts & taking prompt action based on findings.
- Intermediate knowledge of Cloud providers administration (AWS/AZURE).
- Intermediate knowledge of the TCP/IP stack. Familiar with network services (DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SFTP, SSH, Telnet, etc.).
- Intermediate knowledge of CMD/PowerShell and sh.
- Intermediate knowledge of ACLs
- Intermediate knowledge of Active Directory services
- Intermediate knowledge of Office 365, VM’s
- English - Excellent written and verbal communication
Nice to have:
- Experience supporting users in a global environment and varying time zones.
- Creative thought with an out-of-the-box approach, willing to adapt and learn, technically oriented, and focused on results.
- Being comfortable to work under pressure and adhering to deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Have the ability to communicate with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
You will work in shifts (mainly 24/5, but if there is an immediate need, additional changes may occur).