We are looking for a talented and experienced Software Engineer to join our client’s growing Engineering team and play an important role in its projects.
In this function you start on Technical Application Management. You get an independent role within our client’s IT organization and are involved in the realization of new application integrations. You work on the stability and continuity of existing company critical environments. The challenge is to make the right data available at the right time, in the right place.
Via ESB (Biztalk) you know how to make the data transfer between the many different applications possible. You do this with multiple interface specialists and in a complex ERP landscape that is highly subject to change due to the influence of multiple renewal projects. All employees of the internal IT organization also play a role in the second-line support organization.
The work as a Software Engineer is varied and diverse. In terms of substantive work, in terms of applications, but also in view of the various business activities. In addition, the organization is growing fast and we face several challenges.
Do you accept the challenge?
Organizing and structuring belong to your second nature. You are analytical, think in integration patterns and can communicate well on different levels; with final decision makers, developers, users and administrators. You are in your place in an environment where you are expected to be able to work independently and take others into it. That is the role you are looking for. In addition, you have a customer-oriented attitude and practice.
Candidate Requirements/ Competences
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or related field (Business Informatics);
- You have experience with database management via Microsoft SQL Server;
- At least 3 years of experience in software engineering or in a related field;
- You have experience and / or affinity with application integration;
- You have knowledge of BizTalk, XML, SSIS and Reports;
- You have good analytical skills and think in integration patterns;
- You can communicate well at different levels (final decision makers, developers, users and administrators);
- You have the ambition to develop yourself firmly within your field.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies;
- Provide ongoing maintenance , support and enhancements in existing systems and platform;
- Collaborate cross – functionality with data scientist, business users, project managers and other software engineers to achieve the best solutions;
- Provide recommendation for continuous improvement;
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practice;
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT improvements, for automating and modernizing systems.