Senior QA Engineer
The shareholders vision and expectations of the company are set at a very high level. They will operate to the highest standards and aim to be the leading technology company globally within this sector within a very short period. The position of Senior QA is a great opportunity for any individual who is a professional Senior QA in industry and is keen to work on the International Stage.
General Job Purpose: Responsible for focusing on our clients manual testing efforts of various applications and platforms by performing the following duties. The technologies to be load tested consist of Web based applications in HTML, PHP, Linux, Apache and MySQL.
Specific Job Tasks:
1. Develops and implements Test Plans that will address the testing needs of functional, regression, integration and system testing.
2. Writes and maintains manual test cases.
3. Implements software quality assurance standards and processes.
4. Maintains the quality and overall integrity of the test data.
5. Participates in design reviews/walk-through for projects.
6. Participates in the technical specification process to ensure resulting specifications are complete, testable and address the project requirements.
7. Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
8. Creates defects when issues are uncovered.
9. Writes, implements and reports status for all test efforts.
10. Meets the QA Departments mission, goals, strategy and objectives.
11. Other duties that are within education and experience or the incumbent may be assigned for the betterment of the company.
12. Good command of the English language both written and spoken.
13. Strong organizational and planning skills in order to carry out multiple tasks and dealing with a heavy workload.
14. A well organized individual with a good eye for detail, being accurate and numerate.
15. Flexible working approach.
16. Ability to priorities workloads according to demand.
17. Ability to work on own initiative.
18. Good Team Player.
The key Competencies for this position are:
1. Must have a working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies for a software testing environment.
2. Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
3. 1-6 years of experience in software quality assurance/testing.
4. Speaks fluent English with strong written and verbal communication skill.
5. Works well in a team environment and alone.
6. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
7. Scripting and programming skills (with emphasis on PHP, SQL).
8. Understanding of software architecture technologies (e.g. Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP (LAMP), HTML, web).
9. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
10. Ability to multi-task on more than one project at a time.
11. Understands functional specifications.
12. Ability to effectively articulate technical issues to testers, developers, and managers.
13. Experience in web-based software testing process and procedures.
14. Experience in all Test Phases (smoke, functional, regression, integration, system, performance, load, stress).
15. Experience with Test Tools (e.g. Mercury Interactive Quality Center/ TestDirector, Quick Test Pro, WinRunner, LoadRunner etc) is an advantage.
16. Familiar with SDLC, test phases, quality standards, practices and test methodologies.
18. Performs a variety of tasks.
19. May lead and direct the work of others.
20. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.