SENIOR PHP DEVELOPER / ARCHITECT with Team Leader Responsibilities
About our client:
Our client is a technology company that develops leading edge software specifically for the Travel & Hospitality industry and is looking to expand its team.
This pivotal role reports directly to our client’s Delivery Director and requires a proactive go-getter with exacting standards and who is passionate about creating reusable, scalable and maintainable software architecture on PHP and related frameworks. Personal attributes required include: a passion about technology, talent, mental agility, high standards and meticulous attention to detail.
The primary focus will be on designing the software based on the Business / Functional Requirements and overseeing the implementation of it according to the design.
- Defining the overall technical architecture for the proposed solution;
- Defining the technical requirements for the implementation of the proposed solution;
- Assessing solution requirements and assisting in creating production estimates;
- Delivering platform and architecture recommendations based on project requirements and industry best practices;
- Using object oriented analysis and design to turn pre-agreed development tasks and requirements into scalable architecture;
- Documentation of certain key areas of the system;
- Running regular code reviews with developers;
- Report on progress in tech-team meetings;
- Write “clean”, well designed code;
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality;
- Follow industry best practices;
- Participating in a team-oriented environment to develop complex web services based applications;
- Organize the team activities;
- Coach the team members;
- Conduct Performance Review twice per year;
- Have 1 to 1 Meetings with the team members.
Functional / Technical Skills
The key competencies for this position are:
- Very good command of the English language both written and spoken;
- Strong OO Analysis & Design;
- Understanding of common design patterns;
- Technical writing skills producing clear and unambiguous technical documentation;
- Good knowledge of relational databases (MySQL): writing complex queries, optimizing query execution, schema definition;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git;
- Team player.
- At least 5+ years of hands-on development experience on object oriented PHP and Internet technologies with a track record of solid technical accomplishments;
- Experience in designing, developing, and integrating RESTful web services and APIs;
- Experience with Laravel PHP Framework is a plus;
- Experience of at least 1 year in a Team Lead Role.