Senior Backend Developer
Our client is a startup doing development in the field of earthquake monitoring, alerting, and simulation and is looking for a senior backend developer to join their team in Iasi, Romania. The position entails working on backend services that collect data from seismic stations, perform various data processing and analysis steps, and present that data through APIs.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience developing backend services and/or web apps;
- Hands-on experience with RESTful/HTTP services and API design;
- Experience with Java and Kotlin (or flexibility in learning Kotlin);
- Knowledge about using multiple databases and storage systems (e.g., Postgres, Redis, InfluxDB, etc.);
- Experience with cloud computing services and Docker;
- Excellent communication skills and self-learning abilities;
- Exceptional verbal and written English skills.
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience designing microservice fleet architectures;
- Experience using queues and asynchronous communication/processing;
- Knowledge regarding container deployments (Swarm/Kubernetes);
- Experience with monitoring/metrics/dashboards for services;
- Experience with profiling and tuning performance bottlenecks;
- Go/Python knowledge is a plus;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.