Senior Analyst Programmer
The Platforms & Innovation team develop software for our client business in the UK, US, and Canada.
The senior analyst programmer role supports the development of UK-based software products that meet business requirements on a portfolio of web applications, desktop applications, web services, and windows services. Various programming languages, tools, and database technologies are used in the development of these products and there are many opportunities to learn new skills.
The position involves:
- business analysis including communicating at all levels effectively;
- documenting requirements, technical specifications and user guides;
- development coding individually or assisting other team members;
- potentially participating in code reviews or solution architecture discussions;
- keeping abreast of latest technical advances.
Technical skills and experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience with Coldfusion mark-up language (CFML);
- Preferably 2 or more years’ experience writing SQL scripts;
- Good understanding of technical terminology and ability to communicate in English both technically and in layman’s terms;
- Good requirements analysis and documentation/writing skills;
- Good understanding of enterprise application architecture and cloud options;
- Experience in web application security, overseeing application security reviews and best practices;
- Experience with data transfer protocols and methodologies;
- Not necessary, but would be helpful to have:
- Experience working with Windows desktop applications and windows services;
- Collaboration experience across distributed project teams with multiple disciplines;
- Previous participation in design, code and test reviews (including refactoring).
- Good problem solving, debugging & troubleshooting skills.