QA Manual Tester
What are they looking for?
Our client puts in motion the right people, skill sets, and technologies to meet their clients’ performance objectives and business needs, assuring support for the entire software development process.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts).
The QA technician role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective.
What is our client searching for?:
- proven work experience in software quality assurance (3 years would be ideal);
- strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes;
- experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases;
- ability to spot flaws and inconsistencies;
- fluent in spoken and written English;
- detail-oriented and ability to analyze complicated data sets;
- strong propensity for research and investigation;
- hands-on experience with black box testing;
- knowledge of SQL and scripting;
- experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process;
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject;
- hands-on experience with automated testing tools is a plus.
- review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback;
- create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases;
- estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities;
- identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs;
- perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved;
- develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs;
- liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements;
- investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions;
- track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts;
- stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
What’s in it for you?:
- attractive package and flexible working conditions;
- actively participate in all phases of the software development life-cycle;
- join a dynamic team willing to support you all the way;
- excellent coffee and cookies.
Our client is ready to trust you with successful, long-term collaboration. What about you?
Connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s talk about your next opportunity!